Saturday, July 13, 2013

First Musing

My son told me that I am too old to create a blog.  Apparently there is an age to write a blog.  What is a middle age man to do?

Middle age - interesting how there is such thing.  How do we know?  If you die at forty... middle age is 20 or 30.  Did my father knew he was middle aged at age 34? But if middle age means fifty... who are we kidding? Who lives to be 100?  Not you.  Not I.  Not most.

But first, first thing.  Who am I?  I am a Brazilian man who had an American father.  So I learned English early on.  I was bilingual already at the bottle.  Portuguese is really my mother's tongue.  And to frustrate all... I will at times turn into Portuguese.  Brazilians reading this will be satisfied.  And if you, fictitious blog reader... can't read Portuguese... vai cata minhoca no asfalto... then again... Google translate can always help.  Doesn't translate well literature... but then again who does?

Not that what I am writing is literature.  It isn't.  Just deviations and musings of my mind that for some reason I feel the need to publish to an anonymous public.  Call it vanity or a need for this muffled voice to be heard.  A gente quer ter Voz Ativa.

So there it is... old, yes.   Not young indeed.  But I who was a writer (ahem... sort of), and now a lawyer (ahem...) ... find myself in need to write again.  I have wasted my days with nonesense and games in the internet... time to waste my days with writing and YOURS with reading.

As I am writing this, my son and daughter have interrupted and restated.  Are you doing a blog?  There are usually themes for blogs... a blog about what?

So this is a blog about me.  But it is also about you and you and you.  The Brazilian in me is eclectic.  I write about everything and anything.  Experience overwhelms me and now I must vomit this soup of letters into this blog. Politics, culture, entertainment, anything that strikes my fancy... But, sorry this soup is to be served cold.

And there it is.  The first of my musings.   Topics to come.  Ideas to swelter.  Things to develop.   I'm fine with comments.  Doesn't mean I will answer them, address them or even think about them.  I am glad that you took your time to read this.  Regretfully this unfiltered self must now reach back into the skin of reality.

É por isso que eu bebo.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment